YSL Spring Look Collection for 2014 - Rosy Blush & Gloss in No 19 - Swatches & Review

Wednesday, March 19, 2014


Spring collections always hit a soft spot in me for pale pinks, peaches and lilac purples. This year I have been very conscientious with my purchases and have only sprung for products that I really, really needed desired for my makeup collection.

I had the pleasure of seeing these beauties in person before purchasing which doesn't often happen being in Australia I usually jump on something soon after it's release online as it takes months to hit our shores. God forbid I miss out, ha!

Keep reading for product reviews, photos and swatches.





YSL Flower Crush Palette Rosy Blush - Blush Duo, Creamy Powder
Australia: $86 (in store from Myer, David Jones at the YSL counter)

What an outstandingly beautiful and brilliant quality product. IF you have fair skin, if you happen to be gifted with tanned or beyond skin this product will pretty much be redundant to you. Although you could make it work as a very soft pink warm toned highlighter. On my fair skin this product is just flawless, after applying a few light strokes to the top of my cheek bones I feel so pretty and feminine. I have reached for this product every day since purchasing early last week. The wonderful golden micro sheen particles give a photo shopped look to the complexion. I keep thinking this would be the perfect wedding day blush, why do companies have to create such frustration by releasing their best products as limited editions? Sigh. If you can still get your hands on this baby I highly recommend it.

YSL Blurb: Like a precious, stylized petal, the marbled motif of the Rosy Blush Palette entwines two shades of pink that play on contrasts between matte and iridescence. A blush and a highlighter, this nude pairing is perfect to highlight the cheeks, brighten the complexion and illuminate prominent and shadowy areas. The innovative creamy-powdery texture blends in leaving an infinitely satiny and subtle veil on the skin. Sinfully radiant.







Swatched using finger by swiping liberally over product, indoor with flash.


Swatched using finger by swiping liberally over product, outdoor with no flash.

YSL Gloss Volupte in No 19 Golden or Rose Orfevre
Australia: $49 Myer or David Jones
US: $32 Saks Fifth Avenue UK: £21 Harrods

YSL seem to be my go to cosmetic brand for lips these days, with such sophisticated and "grown up", wearable colours and never fail formulas why would I bother with anyone else? I LOVE this new lipgloss formula. The applicator fits the curves of the lips perfectly while picking up the right amount of gloss for a single application. The scent and "taste" is pleasant but not overpowering like other YSL products and the formula is not at all sticky. Wear time is approx 2-3 hours with constant water sipping. This shade in particular is a perfect compliment to the blush, a pretty warm pink glow with golden shimmer. Just perfect.





Que terrible iPhone selfies.... 
I need to get back into the hang of taking pictures with my big girl camera!
  

What have you purchased from this years spring collections?

xoxo

1 comment :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |