Oh La La - Laura Mercier Nail Polish

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Where to buy: LauraMercier.com (US) $18.00 : Urban Retreat Boutique (UK) £18.50 : Laura Mercier Counters (Not available online) (AU) $26.00

Rating: 3 / 5 Glittery Stilettos 

Keep reading for swatches and review.........

What they say:

Limited Edition. The ultra-smooth formula provides chip-resistant, fast-drying and long-lasting color. Nail Lacquer does not contain formaldehyde, toluene, or dibutyl phthalate (DBP).

What I say:

I first saw this polish on The Beauty Look Book in February this year and was instantly drawn to the beautiful soft pastel pink. Originally I wasn't planning on purchasing the polish because of the price tag, $18US for an easily dupable shade like this is totally overpriced in my opinion. After a month of consideration I ended up watching Rachel's video (MakeupNeverSleeps) and her explanation of the texture/finish of the polish had me a little perplexed and very intrigued - I adore her description: "technically a jelly finish, that takes on the appearance of  a cream, that shines like a jelly, that has the pastel qualities of a cream".

So obviously I bought it and after trying it myself I have to say her description is dead on. Not only is the finish phenomenal, but there's something magical about the formula that makes application streak free and easy - dry time is outstanding at about 3 minutes to touchable nails. In the swatches below I'm wearing 2 coats which is still a little sheer but optimizes the finish. 




I'm still thinking about purchasing a few of the other colour's in this collection before they become unavailable, Cabana and Flamingo look particularly amazing. Comment below if you've tried any of the polishes by Laura Mercier, and I wouldn't mind a bit of encouragement to pick up the other shades so I can feel justified..........

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |